Last night we had a couple of friends over for a cookout. Yes, we fired up the grill in the frigid temperatures. The food and drinks were incredible and there was no shortage of laughs. It was a much needed evening after a busy holiday season and spending all of last week catching up. This morning, we didn't waste any time. By 10 a.m. the oven was on and we were making and baking biscuit love.
We've got a couple of biscuit love care packages to send out in the next day or so.
Now that the holiday season is behind us, it's time to get back into our bodacious routine and beyond. Over the past couple of months, we've been hinting around about several things. Changes. New stuff. Expanding.
Last summer we made quite a few changes based on a myriad of growing pains and trials and tribulations. You can read about our Bodacious Evolution in the blog posts published right around that time....
Part One Of The Bodacious Biscuit Love Evolution - The Good Stuff
Part Two Of The Bodacious Biscuit Love Evolution - The Not So Good Stuff
The Bodacious Biscuit Love Evolution - The Not-So-Etched-In-Granite Conclusion
We made lots of changes. Now, we're ready to get back to the baking schedule, shift our focus a bit, make some updates, and get started on the new stuff.
What's gonna be happening in 2017?
1. We'll still be baking lots of biscuit love. We've always done that. Since the launch of Bodacious Biscuit Love over 3 years ago, we've baked our homemade dog treats every single week. That's not going to change. What is going to change slightly is how we distribute our biscuit love and who we donate it to. In the past, we've always donated biscuit love to everyone and anyone including our Bodacious Raffle Baskets. As time went on, we realized that not everyone was being honest with us. In other words, people were requesting biscuit love simply because the biscuits were free and not because they were in genuine need.
Out of consideration and respect, I will keep it at that.
This year, we're more cautious. Our goal is to deliver and ship biscuit love to animal shelters in need every week, make biscuit love care packages for pet parents who have fallen on hard times, and provide biscuit love when urgent situations arise.
2. The Bodacious Biscuit Love Bin will continue to be stocked. Back in August or September, we took an old decorative bench and converted it into a Bodacious Biscuit Love Bin. The purpose of doing this was to keep it filled with pet food, treats, and other supplies to help needy pet parents in our area and beyond.
Originally, we were going to put this bin on our front porch several times a week so people could take what they needed. However, we ran into a couple of problems. The weather was at the top of the list. The contents inside, especially the bags of biscuit love, needed to be in an area that wasn't too cold, too hot, or got too much sun.
At the end of the day, we decided to keep the Bodacious Biscuit Love Bin indoors.
I thought for sure we'd really have to promote this and let people know that we had treats and food and supplies available for pet parents who have fallen on hard times.
So far, with very little exposure, we've restocked our Bodacious Biscuit Love bin 3 times. We helped quite a few pet parents out during October, November, and December.
The funds from our Bodacious Country Crackle Holiday Ornaments helped us to do that. Those funds, along with some donations we've received, will continue to stock our bin for the next few months and we'll be posting photos of the contents on a weekly basis.
3. More homemade dog treat recipes. Months ago, we made the decision to share the recipe for our Bodacious Biscuit Love Peanut Butter Dog Treats. Shortly after, I created a page on both blog sites where I posted the recipes for our other homemade dog treat recipes. Dozens of pup parents sent emails and private messages thanking us. Their pups love our homemade dog treats, but their budget didn't allow them to purchase them every week. Now they could make their own.
That made us really, really happy.
In 2017, the goal is to create and post at least one new recipe per week. We're looking forward to experimenting with homemade dog biscuit dough and a variety of ingredients.
4. How about some DIY Dog Mom Projects?! In June, we made DIY Doggy Toy Boxes for our fur-kids. They came out awesome! About a dozen or so people asked if we'd be making more to sell. At the time, I said no.
During the Bodacious 12 Days Of Christmas we surprised everyone with a DIY Doggy Toy Box that was up for grabs. It sold in under a minute. Throughout those 12 days we posted other DIY Dog Mom Projects including handcrafted ornaments, a 'Peace, Love, and Paws' decorative wooden wall sign, and a small leash/pup apparel holder.
After the Bodacious 12 Days Of Christmas was over, people requested more of these items. I got excited about that because it was already in the works. And, with the purchase of our brand new sewing machine back in November, we can start crankin' out the Bodacious Blankets, Totes, Bandannas and more!
On a side note, I am bursting at the seams about the endless amount of cool dog themed sewing projects. I was beyond excited about purchasing a new sewing machine...almost to the point of doing cartwheels. I'm slightly ashamed to admit the sewing machine is still sitting in the box. That's how busy we were from the end of November through last week.
No, I didn't do a cartwheel. That wouldn't have ended well for me.
5. More blog posts. More photos. More of the fun stuff. When life gets too busy, I slack on this stuff. People notice. I've actually received messages from people asking if we're still alive because days go by without blog posts, updates on our Bodacious Biscuit Love Facebook page, and photos.
That's going to change.
I've realized that I need to set time aside every day to work on blog posts, take photos, update Facebook pages, and keep our Bodacious Community in the loop. That is very, very important to us and to everyone else. It needs to be a part of our daily schedule regardless of how busy we are, what's going on, etc.
6. A few more locations. At this time last year, we had a Bodacious Biscuit Love display in 3 locations. Now, we're down to 1. That was our decision. Over the summer, we took down our display in 2 locations because of distance. Due to work schedules, the hustle and bustle of daily life, our weekly routines, etc., it became almost impossible to make the journey to these 2 locations that were a half hour away.
The location we kept set up is at the Plainfield Animal Hospital. That location is 5 minutes down the street.
We'd like to add a few more local venues to our list over the next few months. Right now, we've been researching places that are on the way home from Lisa's work and right here in Plainfield.
We're very excited about the great stuff that's going to happen 2017. The past 3 years have been an incredible journey and we're looking forward to more bodacious adventures in the months to come.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, we'd love to hear from you!