So far, the month of May has been quite productive and I'm feeling extremely accomplished. There's a lot of items on the "to-do" list that have been crossed off and, on Mother's Day, we tackled a gigantic project. However, something happened earlier this week that made us realize just how important one of our "to-do" items is.
A volunteer from one of our local Connecticut animal shelters reached out to us asking if they could purchase biscuits for the shelter pups. I immediately replied, thanked them for reaching out and let them know we'd be shipping out biscuit love to their location...NO purchase necessary.
While I was exceptionally grateful they reached out, it made me sad to think that shelter volunteers and staff are under the impression they have to purchase our biscuits for the shelter pups.
It also made me quite aware that our voice, our mission and what we do hasn't been clear or has extended far and wide.
That's my fault. I own it.
One of my "to-do" things is to compile a list of all the animal shelters here in Connecticut, get their current mailing addresses. and create a file for easy reference for when we make out shipping labels.
Currently, I only have a few.
I'm positive there are more shelters here in Connecticut that I am not aware of or have "liked" on my personal Facebook page.
With that being said....
1. Our mission is to spread biscuit love to all of the animal shelters here in Connecticut. That's what we do. We bake fresh, homemade biscuits out of our home to donate to local animal shelters. Bodacious Biscuit Love is registered with the Department of Agriculture and in accordance with the General Statutes of Connecticut.
2. We need your help. If you are a volunteer, staff member or ACO, please send us a message on our Bodacious Biscuit Love Facebook page, or email at email@example.com, with your animal shelter address. Our goal is to have a complete list by the end of May.
3. Don't hesitate to reach out. I mean that with every ounce of my being. Spreading biscuit love to our local animal shelters, as mentioned, is what we do. Send us a message on our Facebook page or email us and let us know you'd like some biscuits for the shelter pups. Within a day or so, we'll get 'em shipped for ya!
4. No purchase necessary. The reason why we offer biscuits to the public, and have several displays, is so we can raise money to cover the cost of ingredients, supplies and shipping costs so we can spread the biscuit love to local Connecticut animal shelters. Every bag purchased helps a shelter pup in need. If you're a volunteer, staff member, or ACO, and you'd like to request biscuits for your shelter, there is NO charge. We cover everything.
5. Speak up! We know a lot of local residents who do great stuff for the animal shelters and are aware of the ones in need. Over the past few years, every single one of you have been a valuable resource and you've let us know when animal shelters have needed biscuits or supplies. Reach out to us, please! Do not hesitate.
We are determined to get our list complete and to encourage shelter volunteers, staff, ACO's and residents to get involved. Together, we can make sure that all of our local Connecticut animal shelters get boxes of biscuit love.