From May through December, we participate in local events. Hands down, it's one of the many things we enjoy most about Bodacious Biscuit Love. Attending events gives us the opportunity to expand our contacts, meet various rescue organizations and animal shelter staff and volunteers, meet some of our Bodacious community face to face, talk to the public about what we do, spread biscuit love to the many pups who visit our table, etc. It's a fun time all the way around and we are exceptionally grateful to those who reach out and invite us to these events. We couldn't do what we do without you.
Like with our Bodacious Raffle Baskets, there are a few things we need to mention about events...
1. Distance is a factor when accepting invitations to events. We live in Plainfield, Connecticut. Most of the events we've attended have been within a reasonable distance from us. By reasonable, we like to keep travel time under 90 minutes one way.
2. Getting ready for an event takes a considerable amount of time. Three days to be exact. We ask, if at all possible, for at least 2 weeks notice before an event. All of our baking is done at home. We have a regular sized oven and can bake one cookie sheet of biscuits at a time. Usually two days of baking is plenty to fill our table. The third day is spent making labels, packaging and getting all of our event stuff organized. We do all of this on top of full time jobs, visiting shelters to deliver biscuit love, managing a household with 3 fur-kids and other odds and ends.
3. Let us know when you know. Invitations to participate in events typically start rolling in towards the middle of April. At times, we have events scheduled two or three months in advance. If you're interested in having us at your event, when the date is etched in granite, don't delay when reaching out to us. In the past, we've had to decline events because we've already had one booked. The sooner you let us know, the better.
4. Our Bodacious Budget is meager. Most weeks, we are running out of pocket. Our budget doesn't allow for us to fork over hefty fees for a vendor space. There have been a few events we've had to decline because the fee far exceeded our budget. However, for the most part, we've been extremely fortunate. Event coordinators have given us a space for very little, no fee at all or in exchange for a Bodacious Raffle Basket. We are beyond grateful for their generosity.
5. While we're on the topic of our Bodacious Raffle Baskets. We are always more than happy to donate a raffle basket to assist with raising money for shelters and rescue organizations. This is what we do.
6. One day events only. On occasion, we've been invited to attend 2-day events. We're not able to participate in these events for a few reasons. The first, we have 3 fur-kids and being gone most of the day on both Saturday and Sunday is not something we do. Second, I work 7 days a week and Lisa works Monday through Friday. Last, Sunday is when we start baking for the week to restock our displays and spread biscuit love.
If you're having an event and looking for vendors, please reach out to us. We support our local shelters and rescue organizations and it's always a pleasure to spend the afternoon with y'all. You can reach us on our Bodacious Biscuit Love Facebook Page or email us at email@example.com.