Saturday, July 18, 2015

Our Favorite Zucchini Bread Is Both Hooman And Pup Friendly


In our household, our fur-kids aren't fed anything one of us wouldn't eat. Their meals are made fresh. No store-bought food or treats. About 95% of the baked goods I whip up are pup friendly. The other 5%? Well, a girl needs her chocolate fix on occasion. What can I say?!

We take pride in the face we can share our baked goods with the fur-kids. There are no preservatives or questionable ingredients. They're made right here in our kitchen so we know exactly what's in it. There's no harm in giving 'em a nibble here and there.

One of their favorite items to "beg" for are my quick breads. I make these frequently throughout the year for Lisa's breakfast and to include in her lunches. This time of year, it's all about the zucchini. During the summer months I make several loaves of homemade zucchini bread a week to share with friends and have on hand for us. At the end of the summer, when we have piles of zucchini, I'll shred it, measure it out and freeze so we can enjoy this treat during the winter months.

I've been using this recipe for years. It'll make 2 loaves. Enjoy!

3 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of oil (I use less)
3 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups of grated zucchini

Mix eggs, sugar and oil well. Add dry ingredients. Mix. Stir in zucchini. Pour into greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until center of bread is firm.


No comments:

Post a Comment